I’m so excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Polly! Thankyou so much 😀 Make sure you take a look at her amazing blog happilypolly 🙂
So here are the rules!
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself
Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you
Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
11 facts about myself
- I am 20 years old, currently studying English (and a bit of german and music) in my second year at the University of Leeds.
- I love all things performance related: dancing, singing, playing violin and piano, musicals etc and all things related to art, photography, craft and so on.
- I have never ever moved house! I always wanted to when I was younger just so I could rearrange my room (I love designing the layout of rooms). However, since moving to uni, I have had the opportunity to design my room, which I absolutely loved doing, and in actually fact, I hope my parents never move from our current house. It holds so many memories and I love it so much!
- I have an obsession with ribbon, I think it is so so gorgeous, I can look at the colours and patterns all day!
- I love travelling and I have been to quite a few places around the world. My favourite places so far would probably be India, Chicago, Slovenia and San Francisco. I want to do a lot of travelling after my degree and I am going to Thailand and Vietnam this summer and I cannot wait.
- I am a major cat person. I have two, Jasper and Sasha and I love them so so much! Call me a mad cat lady, but me and Jasper have conversations on a regular basis, I meow and he meows back!
- I absolutely love glitter. I think it is so gorgeous ad girly. Whenever there is a themed dress up night I try and incorporate glitter into my face makeup! Just this year I have been a mermaid, a peacock, a flamingo and all of these outfits were full of glitter! This also means that there is glitter residue all over my room – but it looks so pretty!
- I love music. I love just about every style and genre apart from jazz. I can listen to most things but anything remotely jazzy or along the ‘rhythm and blues’ lines does not appeal to me. (The only exception is when it is in a musical, I can enjoy it then).
- I went to Austria last summer for 7 weeks to be an Au Pair. I wanted to do something different and it was an incredible experience. I learnt a lot about myself and I grew up a lot in the process.
- I am addicted to hot chocolates. I cannot go a day without one! It’s a good job that Options hot chocolates are only 40 calories! Costa’s hazelnut hot chocolate is my all time favourite but I am always on the look out for one that is as good or better. (Let me know if anyone has any recommendations).
- My main aim in life is to get married and have children. I would love to end up doing something creative because that is one of the things that makes me happy.
11 questions from Polly
In one sentence, sum up why you blog.
I am on a road to self discovery and I hope that by blogging about the things I love in life I can achieve this!
If you couldn’t work at your current job/study the subject you do at uni, what would you chose to be doing?
I have always been very interested in interior design and I would love to do a course in this!
Least favourite food?
Milk. No question about it. I think it is disgusting! I do have it in hot chocolates and coffee and I have recently been able to eat cereal but only with a fork so I don’t have to drink the milk!
What is your most embarrassing moment in life?
There have been loads.. I have send some pretty embarrassing texts when drunk!
What are you most proud of?
For some reason, what always pops to mind when people ask me this is when I got an A* in GCSE maths! I always struggled with maths but I worked so so hard for the exam and I was so happy when I achieved this grade!
Who do you look up to most? (Must be someone you know personally)
I really look up to my younger sister. She is so confident, self assured and talented and I respect her so much. I love how ‘in-the-moment’ she is and she always sees the positive in everything. These are two qualities I would love to improve on in myself.
Where do you see yourself in ten year?
In ten years time, I’ll be 30… Ideally I’d love to be married with a young child/expecting a child at this age!
What do you look for in a friend?
The most important quality in a friend is loyalty. I think it is so important that I can trust them and talk to them about anything.
About Time! It is absolutely amazing and if you haven’t already seen if, you definitely should. It inspired my first ever blog post which you can read here.
What would you say to your younger self if you had the chance?
Don’t care so much what people think, don’t be afraid to do something due of fear of failure and don’t worry so much! There will be ups and downs in life, but each and every experience shapes you into the person that you will become!
And finally, showers or baths?
Showers all the way! As much as the idea of a bath always seems very appealing; full of bubbles, candles and gorgeous smelling products, there is nothing I hate more than getting wrinkly hands from spending too much time in water! As strange as it sounds, I have to lie in a bath with my hands out of the water to avoid this and it is hard to have a relaxing bath when trying to stay in this position!
I can’t wait to see your responses! Here are my questions for you:
If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
What advice would you give to the younger you?
What is your favourite childhood memory?
Do you have any annoying habits?
If you could go for dinner with a famous person, who would you chose?
What one thing could you not live without?
Who/what inspires you?
Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
What is your number one life goal?
What is your biggest achievement?
Any pet hates?
Make sure you comment on this post with a link to your post so I can see your answers to my questions!